Tell your provider about all other drugs you use, such as:
• conivaptan (Vaprisol);
• an antibiotic:telithromycin (Ketek), erythromycin (EryPed,E.E.S., Erythrocin, Ery-Tab, Pediazole), clarithromycin (Biaxin);or
• for treating tuberculosis (isoniazid);
• an antidepressant : nefazodone;
• HIV/AIDS medicine;
• heart or blood pressure medication: quinidine (Quin-G) or nicardipine (Cardene); or
• an antifungal medication: ketoconazole (Nizoral),itraconazole (Sporanox), voriconazole (Vfend), miconazole (Oravig);or
• imatinib (Gleevec).
Effect of dutasteride in a daily dose of 500 mg on the characteristics of sperm has been studied in healthy volunteers aged 18-52 years. For the 52-week treatment average percentage of reduction in the total sperm count, semen volume and sperm physical activity were 23%, 26% and 18%, respectively, compared to the baseline. Sperm concentration and their morphological characteristics were unchanged.
But only 30% reduction is considered clinically significant, so the clinical significance of effects of dutasteride on individual fertility is unknown.
Dutasteride is contraindicated for women. It is absorbed through the skin, so women and children should avoid contact with damaged capsules. In case of contact with damaged capsules they should immediately wash the appropriate skin with soap and water.
- Hypersensitivity to dutasteride and other ingredients;
- Hypersensitivity to other 5?-reductase inhibitors.
- Avodart is contraindicated for women and children.
In case of overdose (receiving doses 80 times higher than therapeutic) side effects were noted.
Avodart has no specific antidote, so if you suspect an overdose you need symptomatic and quite supportive care.
The most common symptom of BPH is difficulty urinating. Other signs and symptoms include:
- Need to urinate often
- Sensation of incomplete emptying of the bladder
- Delay or hesitation when you start to urinate
- Frequent interruption of urination
- Need to force the beginning of urination
- Low urine output
Urinary symptoms such as those described above are often signs of BPH, but also other diseases. This is why it is important to consult a physician, who can perform simple tests to assess symptoms and eliminate other possible problems, including prostatitis (inflammation) or prostate cancer.
Dutasteride monotherapy: impotence, the change (decrease) in libido, ejaculation disorder, gynecomastia (includes tenderness and breast enlargement).
Combination therapy with dutasteride and tamsulosin: impotence, the change (decrease) in libido, ejaculation disorder, gynecomastia (includes tenderness and breast enlargement), dizziness.
Very rare: allergic reactions (rash, itching, hives, limited swelling, angioneurotic edema).
Please read and be careful !
Conditions and period of storage: The drug should be stored out of reach of children at temperature not exceeding 30 ° C. Shelf life – 4 years.